Belkin International, Inc., is an American manufacturer of consumer electronics that specializes in connectivity devices. Headquartered in Playa Vista, Los Angeles, California, it sells various consumer and commercial product lines, including routers, iPod and iPhone accessories, mobile computing accessories, surge protectors, network switches, hubs, (USB and computer network) cables, KVM switches, racks and enclosures, and other peripherals. Belkin International is the parent company for Belkin, Linksys and Wemo branded products and services, as well as the smart home water management company, Phyn.
Belkin was founded in April 18, 1983 in Hawthorne, California, by Chet Pipkin. It has twice made Inc. magazine’s list of 500 fastest-growing privately held companies in the United States. It has major offices across the globe, including in the United Kingdom, the Netherlands, Hong Kong, and Australia
Belkin was in the “Inner City Top 100” list for six consecutive years, and the Los Angeles Business Journal’s “Fastest Growing Private Companies” list for five.
Belkin was awarded iLounge’s Accessory Maker of the Year Award for 2007 and its TuneFM was awarded iLounge’s FM Transmitter of the Year Award.
Belkin’s TuneBaseFM was awarded iLounge’s Car Accessory of the Year Award for 2008.
- CES Innovations Awards:
- IDSA Design Awards Ranking – Belkin ranked in top list of corporations
- Multiple iF Design Awards; in 2009, Belkin placed in the Top 50 of all company rankings for the number of IF awards won.
- 2008 TuneStudio and SportCommand
- 2007 Clamp-On Surge Protector, Compact Surge Protector, Conceal Surge Protector, Flip KVM
- 2006 TuneBase and TuneBaseFM, MediaPilot
- 2005 USB 7-Port Hub, PureAV Home Theater Power Consoles, PureAV Home Theater Power Conditioner
- 2003 USB Media Reader Writer
- 2005 Business 2.0 Bottom Line Design Awards – Belkin PureAV Power Console